Join our team
The design-driven collaborative culture at ThoughtCraft balances innovation and exploration with logic and process. Together we identify a central idea and ensure that it is clear, meaningful and buildable. We have fun in the discovery process and take great pride in the architecture we create together.
We’re always looking for talented designers who share our mission. Our offices are located in Boston, MA and Chapel Hill, NC. Feel free to email your resume and portfolio if you’re interested in joining our team.
OPENING IN CHAPEL HILL OFFICE:
We are seeking a well-rounded individual with exceptional design talent and people skills to join our team in Chapel Hill.
We are a small award-winning architecture firm with offices in Boston, MA and Chapel Hill, NC. Our mission is to create thoughtful and well-crafted architecture. Our current work includes modern residential, multi-family, public, commercial, and adaptive reuse projects. We are searching for a new team member who, beyond their professional skill-set, has the desire to become a firm leader and bring value to our culture of design-driven collaboration. Just as we do with our clients, we appreciate and cultivate each individual’s aspirations, which results in a strong team fueled by genuine enthusiasm.
An accredited professional architecture degree and 3 - 8 years of post-graduation experience is desirable. Ideal candidates will possess very strong conceptual, organizational, graphic, and time management skills. He/she will show an appreciation of craft, community and modern design, and will demonstrate excellent design sensibility and rigor as a self-starter within a collaborative environment. Each member of our small firm is required to be a part of designing projects and be involved in multiple projects at any one time.
- Collaborate with team members to provide high quality design solutions in all aspects of a project from concept through construction.
- Lead and manage projects in conjunction with firm leadership.
- Provide client, community and in-house presentations for projects in conjunction with firm leadership.
- Work with consultants to assess design solutions and maintain the integrity of design.
- Research systems, fixtures, equipment, and materials based on design and functional criteria.
- Create building design solutions and use materials and systems based on an understanding of construction.
- Manage, prepare and coordinate technical drawing sets and specifications with rigorous attention to detail.
- Assist with business development opportunities and represent the firm outside the office.
DESIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Exceptional design and visualization skills.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Good sense of humor.
- Fluent in Revit, SketchUp, V-Ray, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of construction for design detailing and construction documentation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong organizational, management, and leadership skills.
- A large role in a growing firm with responsibility on a range of projects.
- Hands-on experience with all phases and facets of project design, management and construction.
- Work on a variety of projects in multiple states.
- Support of IDP and ARE.
- A culture of camaraderie around design-driven collaboration.
- Involvement in business development and marketing strategies.
- Face to face engagement with clients and consultants.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Benefits package.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio in PDF format (10 MB max) to the attention of Jason Hart: studio (at) ThoughtCraftArchitects (dot) com. Include “Chapel Hill Position" in the subject line. Please explore our website and social media for more on our work.
We look forward to hearing from you!
431 W. Franklin Street, Suite 213
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
t/f 919 371 0721
75 Commercial Street
Boston, MA 02109
t/f 617 848 2602